Your clients have purchased land and are now planning their dream home…
Home Building Simplified is the perfect closing gift, because it will save them money, time, and stress…
“How to get the custom home you want, at the price they quoted, and move in on the promised day.”
Whether your clients are planning a cabin or a mansion, their weeks ahead will be filled with tasks and decisions. Working through them will be easier than they might think when they have these 3 bits of knowledge:
First, how to choose a good building contractor. It really isn’t too difficult when you know:
- What to look for
- The right questions to ask
- The red flags that will steer you away from a bad one.
Next, they need to know what they should reasonably expect from that contractor – in terms of:
- Assistance with loan document preparations
- Assistance in dealing with the permitting process
- His or her contract
- Guarantees, and more.
Then they need to know what will be expected of them.
They have dozens of choices to make, and when they know about them ahead of time – and know how different choices might affect their future comfort – the likelihood of loving their home 6 months from completion increases tenfold.
“The Secret to success is Knowledge, combined with Preparation.”
And now your clients can have them both.
In our e-book: Home Building Simplified, you’ll learn how to prepare ahead for the dozens of decisions to be faced.
You’ll learn how to choose a reputable builder, and you’ll get forewarning about:
- The questions you need to ask
- The questions you will be asked
- Red flags and common mistakes
- How to deal with the permit process
- What to expect from your lender
You’ll also get a step-by- step explanation of how a contractor turns a pile of building materials into a work of art known as a custom home.
To give you a sampling of what you’ll find in Home Building Simplified, and to help your clients avoid disaster, we wrote the special report, How to Spot a Bogus Contractor.
You can have a copy of it with our compliments. Just fill in your name and e-mail address below and hit Claim Your Copy.
This report will help you spot a bogus contractor – and pages 37- 42 in Home Building Simplified will guide you to a good one.
“(Home Building Simplified) is informative, very well written, and even funny to read!
I especially liked the part on the contractors.”
“Honesty and Integrity In Real Estate”
The information you need – at a ridiculously low price.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find in its pages:
- Why CC&R’s can be a blessing – or a curse. Page 5
- Land-use restrictions that could destroy your plans. Page 7
- The 23 questions you must ask yourself before you choose a home plan
- How to deal successfully with the building department: Chapter 3
- The 22 components of your new home that require your decisions – and why you must make most of them before you get bids.
- How to make sure you get the house you’re paying for. Page 19
- Dealing with your lender – how and when draws are issued. Page 31
- When NEVER to pay a subcontractor. Page 33
- Why you MUST visit your job site frequently. Page 34
- A mistake that can destroy your relationship with your contractor. Page 35
- How to choose the right contractor. Pages 37-41.
(Click here to see the table of contents.)
That’s a huge investment to take chances with, isn’t it?
If they’re borrowing the money to build and lack of planning causes a 30 or 60 day delay in the middle of construction, they might pay $1,000 or $1,500 extra in interest before they get to move in. More, depending upon how much is owed at the time.
And, they could end up like friends of ours – forced to pay rent on a home they’d sold – because they couldn’t move out on time. You’ll see their story and learn how to avoid it on page 40.
So what would you expect to pay for information that can save a future homeowner hundreds, and even thousands of dollars?
Your clients don’t need to know that your gift cost less than a good bottle of wine.
Print it out on high quality paper, add a cover page letting them know that it is a gift from you, and present it in a folder. Better yet, create an attractive cover (with your logo, of course) then take it to an office store and have it bound.
One more thing… even experienced home builders don’t always think of everything when building their own homes. We missed a few things, and I’ve shared them in a Kindle book:
21 Dumb Mistakes to Avoid. It’s only $2.99 on Kindle, so check it out!