How many times do you find yourself sitting at your desk or in the car – waiting. You might be waiting until it’s time to leave for an appointment, waiting for a scheduled phone call, or waiting for someone to show up. And as you know, time you spend doing nothing but wait does not increase your real estate productivity.
It might be only 5 minutes, but once it’s gone, it’s gone. And if you’re anything like me, you’re feeling annoyed at wasting that time. It’s like being put on hold, but not being on the phone.
So don’t waste it! Instead, use those 5 minutes to do tiny tasks.
- Write a “Hi, how are you” note to a past client or someone in your sphere.
- Pen a thank you note.
- Download the last photos you took.
- Write a comment on an Active Rain blog post.
- Reply to a comment or two on your own blog.
- Make some notes to yourself about your next blog post.
- Share one or more of your posts or pages on Facebook, LinkedIn, or one of the other social sites.
If you’ve got 10 or 15 minutes instead, you can do even more to increase your real estate productivity.
- Make a phone call to a past client or someone in your sphere.
- Visit Copy by Marte and choose your next set of prospecting letters.
- Upload a blog post.
- Sort through those photos you uploaded.
- Get up, go outside, and take a brisk walk.
- Call someone you love, just to tell them so.
If you make good use of 5 spare minutes just 12 times per week, you’ll have added a full hour of real estate productivity to your week. If you routinely make good use of 10, 15, or 20 minutes that would otherwise be wasted, you could add 3 or 4 hours of productivity!
Make a list of everything you could do in 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes.
Then the next time you find yourself “on hold” refer to the list and get busy.